Shaved ice is a familiar dessert dish in each’s childhood memories. This dish is not picky because it is mesmerizing for both adults and children. This kind of ice cream sounds very difficult to make with a luxurious name but it is actually very simple. Only with simple ingredients that are easy to find with the taste you like, and a little ice, we have a perfect cup of delicious DIY shaved ice.
To find out how to make shaved ice, let us explore the three steps for making this delicious ice cream.
Essential ingredients for making shaved ice
- Ice (if you have shaved ice available, the better).
- Siro water types: strawberry, orange, fabric, pineapple, grape, mint … depending on your preference, choose appropriate syrup.
- Fresh fruits such as grapefruit, watermelon, guava, lychee, kiwi, mango, apple, etc. depend on each person’s taste (to increase the appeal of ice cream dish).
- Ice cream cup.
- Shaved ice maker or a blender.
Patbingsu shaved ice cream
While watching Korean romantic modern movies, you’ve probably heard of Patbingsu ice cream more or less. This is a very popular Korean delicacy, making many generations fascinated. So how hard is it to make them? Feel free to find the answer for yourself in the instructions for making Strawberry Patbingsu ice cream right below:
- Step 1: Prepare materials:
– Fresh strawberries
– Condensed milk, fresh milk, black beans
– A box of strawberry ice cream and, of course, ice to make shaved ice.
Depending on your taste and season, you can choose different types of ice cream and fruit flavors.
- Step 2: Freeze strawberries in the freezer compartment, so the ice cream will last longer and the nutritious quality of the strawberry will be guaranteed. At the same time, you should also make black bean, remember not to put too much water.
- Step 3: Put the shaved ice in the glass first then cut the berries. Because it is frozen so it is not watery when cutting strawberries. At this point, you also add some condensed milk to create the taste.
- Step 4: Put black beans in the puree and pour into the ice cream, pour a moderate amount of fresh milk into it. At the top, we put a cool strawberry ice cream on.
Finally, it is also the most important step, which is to enjoy just before the shaved ice melts. This dish has a sweet taste, and many layers of taste rotation, so no one can resist that wonderful taste.
Super smooth fruit shaved ice
The way to make this kind of shaved ice has a bit more complicated material, but the way to make it and the finished product gives the cream a surprisingly smooth result. Not only adults are excited that children will love this ice cream too.
- Step 1: Prepare materials including:
– Cream powder (available at supermarkets and convenience stores): 1 kg
– Milk (fresh milk or soy milk for those who are vegetarian): 1 box
– Syrup (depending on your preference): 0.3kg
– Fresh fruit and pure water (~ 4 liters)
- Step 2: Warm the prepared water with cream powder, until it has a medium sweetness and a certain level of consistency.
- Step 3: Grind fresh fruit then mix into the mixture with milk and syrup. Cool the mixture in the room temperature and then put it to the freezer.
- Step 4: Use shaved ice maker or a blender to grind ice. If you don’t have a machine, you can use another tool to grind ice.
Tips: You can use frozen fruit smoothies and then shredded them to make shaved ice. This is also a simple and delicious way to make shaved ice. You can see some more fresh fruit smoothies here.
Making homemade shaved ice is great in that you can freely mix your tastes according to your preferences, and take the most advantage of the freezer.
However, to make this dish at home, you need to pay attention to the processing time and enjoy it because shaved ice is melted very quickly. Do not hesitate but go to the kitchen immediately to make a batch of cool shaved ice for your family.